The SDC Explorer (SDCX) is a free file browsing program created by Guillaume Major for the Coco SDC. It is compatible with the Coco 1, 2 and 3 and requires 32K.
It can be downloaded from: The Color Computer Archive
- display content of the SD card.
- create, rename and delete disk images and folders.
- mount directories for multi-disks programs.
- launch ML and BASIC programs.
- detect and boot OS-9 disks.
- fast disk selection by the first 4 letters. - sorted SDC directory listing.
SHIFT-C: create disk
SHIFT-K: create directory
SHIFT-R: rename disk or directory
SHIFT-X: delete disk or directroy
SHIFT-M: mount directory (multi-disks programs)
SHIFT-F: refresh directory
SHIFT-H: show help
ENTER: launch program or boot disk
LEFT/RIGHT : Switch between windows
SHIFT-UP/DOWN : Page up/page down
[A-Z][0-9] : Select next file matching up to 4 characters typed quickly (SDC directory only)
SDCX can mount directories with a disk set to support multi-disks programs.
Press SHIFT-M to mount a directory with a disk set. Files on the first disk will appear in the right window.
Press SHIFT-F to refresh the directory list after switching disk with the button on the Coco SDC.
- creates 35 tracks disks only (no SDF yet)
- can only delete empty directories (Coco SDC limitation)
- limit of 512 files per directory